Monday, January 16, 2012

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Plums and Apricots

This is one of my favorite dinners, ever.  I request it whenever I'm home, and have made it for myself several times as well.  It tastes delicious with any random assortment of fruits, too.  I'll substitute whatever I have on hand!  And since I always have a tenderloin in my freezer for just-in-case... we end up eating this delicious entree fairly often!

Ingredients:
4 lbs boneless pork tenderloin, cut in half lengthwise
4 T olive oil
1 1/2 C port wine
1 C orange juice
3 T honey
3 shallots, minced
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 C dried apricots
8 fresh prune plums, cut in half and pitted
2 T fresh rosemary, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
*regular plums may be substituted for prune plums. Make sure the plums are ripe!

Directions:
Rub the pork tenderloin all over with olive oil and coarse salt.
Place in 5-6" deep bowl or pan
Place other ingredients in saucepan and heat to simmer.
Simmer 5 minutes, then pour the warm marinade over the pork.
Let cool to room temperature.
Cover and let marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours.
Prepare grill.
When coals are hot, sear pork away from heat until nicely browned.
Adjust rack so pork is 4-5" from coals.
Cover and grill, turning occasionally, until desired doneness, 35-45 min.
Boil marinade 5-7 minutes.
Remove any separated peel.

Cut pork into 1 1/2" slices.
Spoon warm marinade over sliced tenderloin.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like this recipe?