Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Orange Cranberry Bread

Me: Mom, I'm at the grocery store. Could you tell me the ingredients for that fabulous cranberry bread you make?
Mom: Oh! I just use the recipe on the back of the bag of cranberries.
Me: Oh. That's easy.

So here, my friends, is the Ocean Spray Orange Cranberry Bread!

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

3/4 cup orange juice
1 T grated orange peel
2 T vegetable oil
1 egg, well beaten

1 1/2 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350*
Grease 9x5 loaf pan
Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
Add orange juice, grated peel, vegetable oil and egg.  Mix well.
Add cranberries and optional nuts.
Spread into loaf pan.
Bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from pan.  Slice, serve and enjoy!

As a bonus, I got to use the Cuisinart to chop all those cranberries in record time!  I also got to see the look on Laura's face as she insisted on eating a raw cranberry.  They are tart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like this recipe?