Thursday, July 14, 2011

Five Alive Chicken

Source
Do you remember that citrus drink in the '80's, Five Alive?  It was a mix of orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit and tangerine juices.  A hodgepodge of citrus, that I hear is still widely available in Canada in the UK.  My parents always had a carton of Five Alive in the fridge.  The liked to drink it and it made a delicious chicken marinade in a pinch.

I was craving some Five Alive Chicken the other night, and set out to recreate the yumminess with juices I had on hand.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup OJ
1/2 cup lemonade
1/2 cup limeade
1 tbs garlic powder
1 tsp thyme

Mix all the ingredients in a tupperware
Add chicken, seal, and shake
Let sit in fridge overnight (or at least 30 minutes)
Grill to perfection

This could not be an easier - or tastier - way to achieve deliocious grilled chicken.  I had pre-cut my chicken breasts into small pieces before marinating.  They cooked quickly on the grill, and yielded a lot of food for our little family. The chicken is good on its own or paired with whatever you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like this recipe?